Following on from our first bootcamp session, Back to Basics, our second session aims to help you better understand the newsroom analytics and identify the metrics which are of most importance to you and your business.
This in-depth session will focus on KPIs (key performance indicators) and the reasons why every brand should have their own unique set of metrics and goals. We will then move into the more practical part of the session during which we’ll discuss your business objectives and help you set realistic and valuable KPIs. And finally, we’ll take a look at our newsroom analytics to ensure you’re fully equipped to set, monitor and report on your KPIs.
To summarise, session 2 will cover the following areas:
- What are KPIs and why are they important
- Creating your own KPIs (according to your business objectives and needs??)
- Using newsroom analytics as KPIs
- Deciding which metrics to use to analyse performance
- Monitoring campaign strength through the newsroom
What is a KPI?
Simply put, KPIs are a set of measurements that quantify results. And they can be whatever you want them to be. Whether you’re keen to up your page views, increase time on site or boost conversions, there’s a KPI that’s right for your goals.
Why are KPIs so important?
KPIs help your company monitor and measure performance against your goals. They also allow you the opportunity to analyse what does and doesn’t work and realise where you should be focusing your efforts.
How do you create KPIs?
Before you set your KPIs, it’s a good idea to have a firm knowledge of what it is you’re setting out to achieve. And to do this you should ask yourselves the following questions:
- What is important to the business? (is it sales, sign-ups, page-views?)
- Which process is most suitable?
- Which tools/measurements are most appropriate?
- What does success look like?
If you’re interested in joining our Setting KPIs workshop, or indeed any of the MND Bootcamp series, please email Heather, Angela or Emilia.
We really hope to see you on Wednesday August 12th at 10am.
Emilia, Angela & Heather