Mynewsdesk is calling on aspiring artists and designers to create a design for an Elephant Parade statue which will travel to various UK destinations on the Elephant Parade tour.
As a newsroom partner of Elephant Parade, Mynewsdesk has been given the opportunity to create its very own elephant. This is where we need you.
If you would like the chance to create the design for the Mynewsdesk elephant and see your work on public display then get involved today.
- Pick or mix one of the conceptual themes: Storytelling, Digital Storytelling or Modern Media.
- The colour red must be included in the design.
- The finished statue will be painted using acrylics, so the design must work with this.
How to submit your design...
- Download the attached templates at the bottom of this post to create your design.
- Email your design and 50-100 words about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- International entries are welcome.
- Friday 11th October
What will happen next?All designs will be uploaded to Facebook so the public can vote for their favourite.
The final decision on the winning design will be made by Mynewsdesk's panel of judges and the winning design will join the parade at the beginning of 2014.
If you win the competition you will be given the opportunity to paint the elephant yourself or alternatively an Elephant Parade artist will paint the elephant to your design.