Media, brands, communications, PR and technology are in a state of flux. Where do we go from here? Your job is changing. You want to stay on top of new trends, while not losing sight of what makes communications effective.
On 15 February 2012, Mynewsdesk is hosting The Great Debate, at which a panel of the sharpest minds representing all corners of the comms ecosystem will debate:
1) Which trends are truly game-changing for comms and media? Which are red herrings?
2) Who sets the agenda set now?
3) Has the balance of influence shifted?
4) How should the corporate communicator adapt?
One of the few events at Social Media Week without ‘social media’ in the title, the debate will cut through the hysteria and hyperbole, to get to the heart of what really matters for brands, communications professionals, journalists and bloggers. Nothing will be taken for granted.
The expert panel
- Jon Bernstein, Deputy Editor, New Statesman
- Paul Sutton, Head of Social Communications, Bottle PR
- Eva Keogan, Lifestyle Blogger and Head of Innovation, Fishburn Hedges
- Katie McLean, European Digital Manager (Remington & Russell Hobbs), Spectrum Brands
The event will be attended by around 60 PR and Comms professionals.
3.00pm – 3.30pm Registration & Refreshments
3.30pm – 3.35pm Welcome to The Great Debate – Heidi Noemm, Country Manager, Mynewsdesk
3.35pm – 4.30pm Panel Q&A session
4.30pm – 6.00pm Networking drinks reception with a light bite
For more info, and to book: http://socialmediaweek.org/event/?event_id=1918
Notes for editors
- Mynewsdesk is the smarter platform for PR and brand engagement.
- Founded in 2003 in Stockholm.
- Launched in UK in September 2011.
- Mynewsdesk simplifies and improves communication between brands and key influencers.
- Mynewsdesk has taken Scandinavia by storm, with over 25,000 companies using the service – from SMEs to multinationals like Coca-Cola, Google, Ford, L’Oréal, Carlsberg and Ikea.
- Offices in UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Singapore and US.
- Clients in the UK include: Direct Line, Costa Coffee, RAF, UK IT Association, CBRE, PlanUK.
- As Spotify revolutionised the music industry, and Skype revolutionised the communications industry, so Mynewsdesk aims to revolutionise the PR industry.
- Mynewsdesk has a 97% customer satisfaction rate.
- Mynewsdesk has four core functions: Publish, Network, Explore, Analyse. Learn more at www.getmynewsdesk.com.